[ Listing below is from Grand Rapids, Mich. based LINC Community Revitalization ]
LINC Community Revitalization, Inc. is seeking a Business Coach.
General description: LINC Opportunity Center provides a supportive and resource rich environment for low and middle-income individuals, families and business owners. Clients are able to access employment/career advancement opportunities, income supports, financial tools, services, and access to business resources. Through a new outreach approach, coaching, and a set of bundled services, they help clients reach economic stability and their personal goals.
As a coach, you are also responsible for assisting clients with a wide range of services including, but not limited to: budget counseling, money management, financial literacy, proprietor mediation, tenant issues, proprietor issues, homeownership, foreclosure prevention, GED teaching, language barriers, fair housing, discrimination, career/workforce development and business/business related-services. Opportunity coaches will be the front-line contact team for all individual clients.
- Provide services to clients: walk-ins, phone clients, referrals, and others seeking services
- Build relationships with individual clients, entrepreneurs, prospective business owners and community partners
- Identify emerging and expanding business markets and trends
- Assist every client develop a success plan
- Provide one-on-one counseling/coaching and case management as a part of LINC’s Opportunity Center Services: assessing financial situations and helping clients develop realistic business goals with focus on spending, savings and debt management plans, improving and building credit, developing emergency plans and building assets (retirement, education, housing, etc.)
- Provide group counseling/coaching
- Develop, maintain, coordinate and schedule financial education and business-related courses
- Work in conjunction with LISC AmeriCorps member to deliver income support services, create and review budgets, and assist participants in acquiring benefit(s)
- Manage outcome-tracking system through Efforts To Outcomes (ETO), Counselor Max, and HOME LINKS databases while maintaining client files according to grant requirements, HUD, MSHDA, and organizational standards
- Utilize in-house tracking tools/system (Quick-base) in order to maintain linear processes according to program service flow
- Input client financial data at baseline and required follow-up intervals (Quickbooks/Quicken)
- Collaborate within team meeting to reach department goals as established by Co-Executive Directors and Department Heads, complete various program requirements, provide feedback, and program updates as necessary (5 new clients monthly; 150 clients annually—all goals subject to change)
- Provide sound business recommendations
- Ability to discuss/strategic and financial issues of business
- Provide appropriate referrals to clients seeking services and information about business start-up
- Propose ideas and methods to expand business scope in markets
- Provide brief, in-depth, short- and long-term counseling
- Work closely with Economic Development Director
- Tasks as assigned
- Provide regular program and department updates during meetings (in written form upon request)
- Partner/collaborate with other agencies to provide quality referrals, information and services
- Partner/collaborate with other departments/teams to deliver quality programs
- Receive and make referrals to/from other departments/team members and share agency/program information as needed
- Be an effective and involved team member by developing and implanting team driven solutions.
- Positive, effective written and oral communication skills including public speaking and written reporting
- Work with a diverse, multi-cultural population
- Promote LINC/LINC Resident Services projects
- Problem solver and self-starter, who demonstrates the ability to adjust and adapt quickly
- Able to handle multiple assignments while maintaining a good level of organization, attention to detail and time management
- Analytical/problem solving skills
- Effective verbal/presentation/listening and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (all Microsoft apps/excel, spreadsheets, project)
- At least 1 year of counseling experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Office applications)
- Experience in Business Management, Project Management, or other business-related field
- Financial counseling certification a plus
- Bi-Lingual with Spanish a plus (Oral & Written)
- Familiar with non-profit work
- Able to work flexible schedule (some evening and monthly)
- Teaching experience a plus
Benefits: Full-time 8:30pm-5:30pm Occasional evenings/weekends, $25,000-$35,000 depending on experience.
To apply, email email@example.com, attention: Human Resources c/o Venessa Remo or mail/drop off to 1167 Madison Avenue S.E. Grand Rapids, MI 49507.
No calls please.